Linfox’s Vision Zero: Significance and Strides

5/5 - (1 vote)
Image: Linfox on Linkedin

Linfox is a leading logistics company in the Asia-Pacific region, renowned for its innovative approaches and commitment to excellence. With a vast network of over 200 warehouses and distribution centers and involving over 24000 people, Linfox delivers more than $60 billion worth of food, medicine, and resources annually. Their dedication to safety, efficiency, and sustainability has established them as a frontrunner in the industry.

What is Vision Zero?

Vision Zero is Linfox’s comprehensive safety and sustainability initiative aimed at achieving a series of ambitious goals: zero fatalities, zero injuries, zero motor vehicle incidents, zero net environmental emissions, and zero tolerance of unsafe behavior and practices. This program underscores Linfox’s unwavering commitment to the wellbeing of its employees, customers, and the communities they serve.

Data Points

Linfox has made significant strides in enhancing workplace safety, reflected in their impressive safety metrics. The Lost Time Injury Frequency Rate (LTIFR) and Total Recordable Injury Frequency Rate (TRIFR) are critical indicators of their success.

LTIFR is a metric that calculates the rate of lost time injuries within a specific period in relation to the total number of hours worked by employees during that period.

Since launching Vision ZERO in 2006, Linfox has reduced its Lost Time Injury Frequency Rate (LTIFR) by more than 90%.

TRIFR is a metric that measures the rate of all recordable injuries and illnesses within a specific period in relation to the total number of hours worked by employees during that period.

FY20-21 Linfox Logistics rolling 12-month Total Recordable Injury Frequency Rate (TRIFR) for Australia and New Zealand is the lowest on record at 8.4 – over half what it was in FY16.

Road safety is a huge concern in the transport and logistics industry. Monash University’s data highlights significant risks faced by transport workers, particularly truck drivers, over a 12-year period. 

There were 120,742 accepted compensation claims for work-related injuries and illnesses, resulting in a staggering 1,071,230 weeks of lost working time—equivalent to 22,317 years. Alarmingly, 545 compensated fatalities occurred among truck drivers, underscoring the industry’s high risk of fatal incidents. 

Surprisingly, vehicle crashes accounted for only 17% of lost working time, with musculoskeletal injuries like back pain and psychological stress contributing to the remaining 83%. Drivers over 65 were identified as particularly vulnerable, often requiring extended periods off work due to injuries. Mental health conditions, though less frequent, significantly impacted driver wellbeing, necessitating prolonged absences exceeding 10 weeks in some cases.

At Linfox, the importance of safety extends beyond the workplace to the roads they travel. 

By prioritising safety, Linfox not only protects their employees but also contributes to safer communities. The Vision Zero initiative exemplifies this commitment, ensuring that every journey made by Linfox vehicles is as safe as possible.

Related Posts